Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Side effects with Cosequin DS
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Side effects with Cosequin DS

Side effects with Cosequin DS 10 years, 6 months ago #1994

• Anonymous
I have recently purchased a bottle of Cosequin DS chewables from my Vet for my 95lbs Rott. So far she loves eating them and thinks of them as a treat. But my question is, are there any side effects associated with taking Cosequin short or long-term? I have noticed that shortly after taking the tablet, she drinks more than normal amount of water. Is this a side effect and are there others?Thanks!\r

Side effects with Cosequin DS 10 years ago #2048

• Anonymous
Hi, Are there any known side effects for dogs with regard to skin rashes? Thank you.\r

Side effects with Cosequin DS 9 years, 7 months ago #2106

• Anonymous
our 12 year old, 20 lb. Shih Tuz began taking one tablet per day of the Cosequin DS chewable. This weekend he bagan to have diarhea with mucus and bright red blood. Could he be having a reaction to the Cosequin ? \r

Side effects with Cosequin DS 9 years, 7 months ago #2109

• Anonymous
My German Shepard Dog is currently on Cosequin DS and has been for 6 months or more.Now that winter is here and we are inside more she seems to be very lazy, almost lethargic like. Even with daily walks that she doesn’t want to take, not like herself. She also started to bite her skin, like she has fleas (but she doesn’t). Looking back, we think this activity may have started soon after she started on the Cosequin DS.I looked up the side effects for Glucosamine and found the side effects to include drowsiness and skin reactions. Do you feel that the Cosequin DS may be the root cause to either or both of these problems?\r

Side effects with Cosequin DS 9 years, 7 months ago #2110

• mwhite
  • Administrator
We have been told that my 4 year old German Shepherd has Arthritis in both of his knees. Our Vet put him on Metacam...I was jsut wondering if he could be put on this in addition to the Metacam without any risk?\r

Side effects with Cosequin DS 10 years, 6 months ago #2590

• Anonymous
Dear Mr. Young, I apologize for the delay in responding. Cosequin has an excellent margin of safety. There is a low reported (<2%) incidence of mild gastrointestinal upset seen when starting the product. Rarely, increased thirst has been reported when the product is started. If your dog’s increased thirst is related to the Cosequin, it would resolve if you tried discontinuing the product. The problem will also in most cases resolve when you decrease from the loading level to the maintenance amount. I would recommend discussing the problem with your veterinarian. If you elect to discontinue the Cosequin and the problem resolves, please call (800) 925-5187 between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm eastern time Monday through Friday to speak with a member of our veterinary technical services department so that we may file a report. Sincerely, \rBarbara E. Eves, DVM \rVeterinary Science Division \rNutramax Laboratories, Inc. \r
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.26 seconds