Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

human shell fish allergies
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: human shell fish allergies

human shell fish allergies 9 years, 10 months ago #2104

• Anonymous
I am highly allergic to shellfish. I have noticed on other condroitin/glusosamine supplements, there is a warning that the supplement should not be taken by those that are allergic to shellfish. On your (CosequinDS) box insert, there is no such warning, yet I would assume the ingredients come from shellfish. Why no warning and is your supplement safe to take for someone who is allergic to shellfish?\r

human shell fish allergies 9 years, 10 months ago #2702

• Anonymous
Dear Ms. Palac,Cosequin is our veterinary product, while Cosamin DS is our human product. Shellfish allergies and the manifestation of the allergy are caused by allergens, which belong to a group of muscle proteins, in shellfish. Both Cosequin and Cosamin DS contain glucosamine, which is a carbohydrate and is extracted from chitin in the shell, and not extracted from the muscle, of shellfish. The glucosamine hydrochloride used in our products is greater than 99% pure and does not contain any proteins. Due to the purity of the products, an allergic reaction would not be expected. Many people with shellfish allergies have taken Cosamin DS without problems. We do always recommend, however, that you consult with your physician before adding any nutritional supplement to your regimen. To discuss this further, please call 1-800-925-5187 between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm eastern time Monday through Friday and ask to speak to someone in our consumer technical services department.Best Wishes,\rBarbara E. Eves, DVM\rVeterinary Science Division\rNutramax Laboratories, Inc.\r
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.68 seconds