Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Dasuquin with or without MSM
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dasuquin with or without MSM

Dasuquin with or without MSM 1 year, 11 months ago #3741

• Anonymous
I have a 10 y.o. dog that has just started to favor her back left leg after getting up & am wondering if I should purchase Dasuquin with or without MSM? Once she is up & moving she is fine & doesn't "complain" of pain throughout the day. Thanks

Dasuquin with or without MSM 1 year, 11 months ago #3742

• Nutramax Staff
MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) is an organic sulfur-containing compound that occurs naturally in a variety of fruits, vegetables, and grains and is also a breakdown product of DMSO. MSM lacks the strong taste and smell associated with DMSO, however. Data on the use of MSM in animals is limited, though two human studies showing a benefit to joint health and comfort have been published. We are offering Dasuquin with MSM for those veterinarians who are already using MSM to give them a cost-effective way to provide the ingredients in Dasuquin together with MSM in one product to their patients.

Please contact our Technical Services Department if you have further questions by calling (800) 925-5187 between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm eastern time Monday through Friday.

Re: Dasuquin with or without MSM 1 year, 3 months ago #3818

My dog had a distal diapheseal femoral fracture on his right hind leg repaired yesterday afternoon at the Orthopedic Surgeon and I was wondering if the Dasuquin with MSM is a better way to stave off arthritis or if the regular Dasuquin is better in this instance? He is an approximately 2yo NM white lab mix - broken femur resulted from a car accident in which the car flipped three times and then caught fire - we were both rescued in time and taken to the ER. Due to internal bleeding, high temperature and an arrythmia - the femur could not be repaired until 4 days post accident. We are doing range of motion exercises with him 3x a day to ensure no Quadricept Contracture but would also like to start the supplements as soon as possible as he was a very active dog before this with Dock Diving, Frisbee, Flyball, etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Dasuquin with or without MSM 1 year, 3 months ago #3819

• fadmin
  • Administrator
MSM is an organic sulfur-containing compound that occurs naturally in a variety of fruits, vegetables, grains and in animals, including humans in at least trace amounts. Data on the use of MSM in animals is limited, though two human studies showing a benefit to joint health and comfort have been published. We offer Dasuquin with MSM to those veterinarians who use MSM to give them a cost-effective way to provide the ingredients in Dasuquin together with MSM in one product to their patients.

Please contact our Technical Services Department if you have further questions by calling (800) 925-5187 between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm eastern time Monday through Friday.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.65 seconds