Premium joint health supplements Cosamin® ASU and Cosamin® DS have been Certified for Sport® by NSF International. In addition to the NSF Certified for Sport® certification, Nutramax Laboratories, Inc. has also obtained GMP Registration and Dietary Supplement Certification from NSF International, a not-for-profit public health and safety organization that tests and certifies nutritional supplements and a variety of food and water products.
NSF International's Dietary Supplement Certification program verifies that what is on the label is in the bottle and that the product does not contain undeclared ingredients or unacceptable levels of contaminants. NSF International's Certified for Sport® (athletic banned substances certification program) builds on the Dietary Supplement Certification program by including an additional layer of screening that verifies the product does not contain banned or prohibited substances.
MLB, the MLB Player’s Association, NFL, the NFL Player’s Association, PGA, LPGA, and the CCES (Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport) recognize NSF International's ISO 17025 accredited Certified for Sport® program to help verify the products their athletes use.
The NSF Certified for Sport® certification requirements include:
- Contaminant review: to verify there are no undeclared ingredients present or unacceptable levels of contaminants in the product
- Label claim review: to verify what's on the label is in the bottle
- Toxicology review: to verify product formulation and marketing claims
- Facility inspection: two manufacturing facility audits to verify the products are produced in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Banned substance screening: to verify they are free of prohibited substances on World Anti-Doping Agency's (WADA) list, NFL, MLB and NCAA prohibited substances lists
- Ongoing monitoring: to verify compliance via periodic auditing and testing.
To learn more about our NSF certification, call us at 1-877-267-2646, or click here.
To learn more about NSF, click here.