What is Cosamin®ASU?
Cosamin® is the #1 researched glucosamine/chondroitin sulfate brand1 and has been recommended by healthcare professionals for over 20 years. Cosamin®ASU is our Advanced Joint Health Formula to help support an Active Lifestyle that includes hiking, running, cycling, etc. Cosamin ASU contains patented combinations of our trademarked glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate, and avocado/soybean unsaponifiables with the added benefit of AKBA from Boswellia serrata, and decaffeinated green tea extract providing EGCG. The ingredients in Cosamin ASU promote a positive response associated with cartilage protection and joint comfort.*2
- 1500 mg Glucosamine HCl (FCHG49®)
- 350 mg Chondroitin Sulfate (TRH122®)
- 400 mg of a proprietary blend that includes NMX1000® ASU, AKBA, and Decaffeinated Green Tea Extract
- No FD&C Dyes
- Gluten Free
Cosamin®ASU and Your Joint Health
Cosamin®ASU is our Advanced Formula to help support an Active Lifestyle. The ingredients in Cosamin ASU promote a positive response associated with cartilage protection and joint comfort. Laboratory studies show that the combination of ingredients in Cosamin ASU decreases levels of markers3 associated with cartilage breakdown and reduced joint comfort.
Ingredients in Cosamin®ASU:
FCHG49® Glucosamine HCl and TRH122® Chondroitin Sulfate - The combination has been shown in cell culture research to decrease levels of markers associated with cartilage breakdown and reduced joint comfort, including the signaling molecule, prostaglandin E2 (PGE2).
NMX1000® ASU - promotes cartilage protection and helps support joint comfort.
AKBA - an ingredient suggested for a quicker response than glucosamine alone.4,5,6
Green Tea Extract (providing EGCG) - provides antioxidant benefits.
Supplement Facts & Directions for Use
Serving Size Information: One serving of Cosamin®ASU contains 1500 mg (1.5 g) of FCHG49® Glucosamine HCl, 350 mg of TRH122® Chondroitin Sulfate, and 400mg of a proprietary blend of NMX1000® ASU, AKBA, and decaffeinated Green Tea extract providing the antioxidant polyphenol, EGCG.
Directions for Use: Take 3 capsules daily until desired comfort is reached. May reduce number of capsules taken daily to maintain comfort level. Capsules may be taken all at once or divided with meals.
If you have any condition that requires medical attention always consult your physician before taking any dietary supplement. KEEP IN A COOL, DRY PLACE. DO NOT USE IF SEAL IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
Cosamin®ASU is tested and certified by NSF International. NSF certification ensures that dietary supplements do not contain unacceptable levels of contaminants. NSF developed the only American National Standard for dietary supplements (NSF/ANSI 173) with participation from a balanced stakeholder group including the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), National Institutes of Health (NIH), other federal agencies, state regulatory agencies, manufacturers, retailers, industry trade associations and consumer groups. NSF has worked for over a decade with sports organizations, anti-doping agencies and supplement manufacturers to evaluate and test these products and to help ensure their quality and safety.
- 1 Based on U.S. studies published in peer-reviewed journals, the Cosamin® brand is the most researched glucosamine/chondroitin sulfate brand.
- 2 Laboratory studies show that the combination of ingredients in Cosamin®ASU decreases levels of markers associated with cartilage breakdown and reduced joint comfort.*
- 3 A marker is defined as a characteristic (i.e. gene expression or protein level) that is objectively measured and evaluated as an indicator of a biological state or condition.
- 4 Clinical Pharmacokinetics 50, 349-369, 2011.
- 5 Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry 354, 189-197, 2011.
- 6 Arthritis Research & Therapy 10, R85, 2008.
THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE, OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE.